Take Us Home Today!
Adoption Fees and Information
adoption info: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the shelter you will have an opportunity to meet and visit with your potential new companion. Spend as much time as you need getting to know an animal. Adoption counselors will work with you to help you MEET YOUR MATCH®. We are continually receiving and evaluating new animals. If you do not find that perfect companion the first time you visit, you are sure to find him or her in subsequent visits.
The first step towards adoption is to fill out a short adopter survey. You will receive a color-coded guest pass that will point you in the direction of potential perfect matches. Our knowledgeable Adoption Specialists would also be happy to suggest potential cats or dogs.
An Adoption Specialist will answer all your questions and share important information about the pet you have selected. They will review information about your pet's adjustment to his or her new home, housetraining, health concerns, vaccinations, nutrition, training, grooming, etc.
Because adopting an animal is a family decision, we ask that when possible you bring your entire family, including any resident dogs, to meet your potential companion.
The entire adoption process can be time consuming. But spending time getting to know your future companion and asking any questions before taking your new companion home will help to ensure a perfect match for the years ahead. We ask for your patience and cooperation in the process of bringing pets and people together!
Adoption Fees & Information
All animals are or will be spayed or neutered and vaccinated prior to adoption.
- Unaltered Cats & Dogs: $35 (plus the cost of the spay/neuter surgery)
- Adult Cats: $50
- Adult Dogs: $90
- Kittens (< 4 months): $100
- Puppies (<4 months): $125 ($25 discount if enrolled in a Humane Society of Western Montana dog training class the day of adoption)
- Ambassador Pets: $250
- Ferrets: $45
- Rabbits: $25 (plus a $50 spay/neuter deposit if unaltered)
- Guinea Pigs: $25
- Rats, mice: $10
Included with your adoption fee:
- All dogs and cats have received their rabies (for those over 4 months of age) and initial distemper vaccinations
- Every dog and cat is treated for round worms
- Extra veterinary care is given when required
- Both dogs and cats are adopted with a collar and temporary identification tag
- Cats go home in a carrier; dogs go home with a leash
- All pets go home with a coupon for $5 off Science Diet food
- All adoptions include a free post-adoption check-up at most local veterinarians (please ask an Adoption Specialist for a complete list)
- All adoptions include a counseling session to answer any questions you have about your new companion
Seniors for Seniors
- We will waive the adoption fee for seniors (60+) adopting a senior animal (7+)
- Stop by the shelter to visit with our senior animals.
- Fill out an Adopter Survey and our adoption specialists will help match you with your next best friend.
- Benefits of adopting and older pet:
- What you see is what you get--an older pet’s personality is already developed.
- Older pets are already house-trained or litterbox trained.
- Older pets are instant companions.
- Older pets have out-grown pestering adolescent behaviors.
- Some senior pets may be excluded from this program depending on breed and breed tendencies.
Shelter hours are 1-6 pm Tuesday - Friday and noon - 5pm on Saturdays. We are closed Sundays, Mondays and major holidays.
We are located at 5930 Hwy 93 South, 8/10th of a mile past Blue Mountain Road. Look for our driveway in between Five Valley Honda and Animal Blessings Pet Hospital.